Fresh Mangoes are so sweet, juicy, and delicious, they are a perfect treat to satisfy sweet cravings!
And what better way to eat them in form of ice cream, to help cool off in the hot Florida sun! This quick and easy dairy-free recipe provides lots of nutrition, which makes it a guilt-free dessert that nourishes and comforts at the same time.
Mangoes are full of Vitamin C, as well as Vitamin A, bananas provide a boost of Potassium, and coconut cream adds Manganese, Iron, and Copper to the blend, all of which are needed for a strong immune system.
Frozen pureed bananas taste surprisingly creamy, and it is a common practice in the plant-based kitchen to use them as a base for desserts or smoothie bowls. This recipe includes bananas as well as coconut cream, which makes it extra-rich and smooth. To make this recipe a fat-free, low-calorie, and heart-healthy version, just skip the coconut cream and add a couple more frozen bananas instead. And because ripe and juicy mangoes provide natural sweetness, no additional sugar is needed for this treat.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker at hand, just put the mixture into a bowl or glass dish and let it freeze overnight. Bon appetit, enjoy!
Plant-Based Mango Ice Cream
- Wash and peel the Mangoes, cut the flesh off the pit, then cut about ¼ of the flesh into small cubes and set aside, add the rest of the flesh to a food processor or blender.
- Peel the bananas and add them to the food processor.
- Open the can of Coconut cream and mix well, then add half of it to the food processor.
- Add the cardamon, then blend all ingredients together until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Fill the blend into a glass dish or bowl and add the Mango cubes, stir with a spoon to distribute them evenly in the mix.
- Cover the dish or bowl with foil and freeze overnight.
- To make scooping the ice cream easier, take it out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving, to let it thaw just a bit. Then dip the spoon in boiling hot water before scooping the ice cream out of the form.
- Scoop the mango ice cream into small bowls and decorate with a mint leaf or edible flowers as desired.
- Now dig-in and enjoy!