Our Health and Wellness Services include coaching sessions either in person, over the phone or via online conference calls and On-Site Massage Therapy sessions for private and corporate business clients.
We create individualized plans and programs and provide education and support to improve wellbeing through various self-care modalities and evidence based strategies. Our Health and Holistic Nutrition Services includes coaching in whole food plant based nutrition, weight-loss and management of food allergies.
We provide assistance in Disease Prevention as well as for clients fighting Lifestyle-Diseases such as Obesity, Diabetes, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure and for clients recovering from a Stroke or Cancer treatment, Illness or Surgery.
Our massage therapy sessions are tailored to each client’s specific needs. We combine a variation of advanced techniques to address your body’s unique needs, allowing us to achieve the most effective treatments and results.
We Provide Massage Therapy in New York and Florida only. bodono is a traveling massage therapist service and locations vary. Please inquire on current location and schedule availability at the bottom of this page.
Deep Tissue Massage
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- More than half the body’s weight consists of muscle tissue.
- Tendons attach muscles to bones.
- Nerves connect muscles to the brain.
- For a muscle to move, the brain must send a signal through a nerve that is connected to the muscle, which then contracts and pulls the tendon, which in turn moves the bone.
- The body consists of a web of connective tissue that holds all the separate organs and parts of the body together.
- Our stressful lives and daily activities often cause poor posture, repetitive movements, and overused tendons and joints—this often leads to injury, and our bodies suffer greatly as a result.
- Experts estimate that about ninety percent of diseases are stress related. Stress causes many dysfunctions in the body and over time can manifest as a disease.
- This is where massage comes in handy!
- Massage employs several techniques to work on muscles, tendons, joints, and connective tissue. This helps lengthen and rejuvenate these systems.
Benefits of Massage:
Massage helps regulate the various systems of the body and can bring stress-related dysfunctions back in balance. Massage is not just a way to help us relax and rejuvenate, but is also a therapeutic treatment for diseases and injuries that plays a powerful part in preventative medicine. Massage therapy is most beneficial when engaged on a regular basis.
Certain massage techniques can help eliminate waste products from tissues, release endorphines, improve lymph edema and stimulate lymph flow, loosen adhesions of tissues, and help your body heal from injuries.
Effects of Massage Include:
- Improved circulation
- Improved endurance
- Greater joint flexibility and range of motion which decreases risk of injury
- Decreased pain of various origins
- Decreased soreness and muscle ache
- Decreased muscle cramping and spasms
- Decreased post-workout recovery time
- Decreased post injury and post surgery adhesions, scar tissue and swelling
- Strengthened immune system
- Increased emotional well being, energy and better sleep quality